Filter series SMT combined with the new polyester fabric permits filtration spans of between 10 and 150 µm and quality separation even in the presence of high hydraulic pressure or peak loads of suspended solids
Microfiltration technology combined with the new polyester fabric permits filtration spans of between 10 and 150 µm and quality separation even in the presence of high hydraulic pressure or peak loads of suspended solids. The new and fast nozzle cleaning system requires little energy and water. The fluids flow from the inside towards the outside, so the suspended solids are captured in the filter and the filter container remains perfectly clean.
The modular nature of the disc filtering station is such that the filter units can be made extremely compact with filtering surfaces of up to 8 sq m for each sq m of occupied space. The polyester fabric offers the following benefits over loose-fibre fabric: no suspended solids pass through the fabric during the washing phase; no suspended solids accumulate in the fabric, so cleaning is more efficient; virtually no wear and simpler maintenance.
The uses of disc filters:
– Capturing residual suspended solids after secondary sedimentation tanks due to rising swollen mud, floating foam and/or excessive hydraulic pressure;
– Separation of excess mud after the submerged rollers, percolator filters and other biofilm processes, in lieu of conventional secondary sedimentation tanks;
– Reducing the content of phosphorous in fluids released by existing or new systems, possibly in combination with floccular-filtration;
– Separation of solid substances after chemical-physical treatment of industrial sewage;
– Pre-filtration for: biofilm nitrification processes, for UV sterilization, processes with membranes, for surface waters to be converted into drinking water;
– Treatment of water for industrial use and for recycling;
– Increasing the performance of lagooning systems.
– Structure of the disc in AISI 304 stainless steel;
– Type of filter element: Polyester filter fabric;
– Tank for washing water;
– Backwashing system: mobile arrays of nozzles and multi- stage pump;
– Central shaft for supporting and feeding the filtering sections, made of AISI 304 stainless steel;
– Transmission system consisting of a chain made of special steel connected to a pinion;
– Control geared motor: with worm and helical gears, IP65 protection;
– Cover with mobile windows for inspecting the filtering discs.
– Control board with IP55 protection.